Friday, March 30, 2007

Little Tidbits

Since this blog is as much for me as anyone else, I thought I'd write a few things down that I've been thinking about today.

First of all, poor Katie has ended up reacting to that chicken pox virus. She was grumpy most of the day today and I blamed it on her teeth (she just broke her 2 top molars in the last 2 days). She also has had a low grade fever. Well, as I was dressing her in her pajamas tonight I found some bumps on both her shoulders. Poor thing has gotten a mild version of the virus. But, if any baby were going to react to the shot, it would be her. Her little body has been sensitive to so many things ever since she was born. Her 4-month shots were absolutely miserable. I think it took about 4 days of crying before she was over those. So I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Each girl now has a favorite book. Katie's favorite used to be the "Going To Bed Book," by Sandra Boynton. Well, it is now "We're Going on a Bear Hunt," by Michael Rosen. We literally read that about 10 times in a row 3 times a day. Not that I don't think she's an intelligent child, but I can hide that book in a pile of books and she knows exactly which one to pull out. Tonight she crawled over, grabbed the book, stood up, walked the 3 steps to me, then plopped down in my lap and waited for me to start reading. How sweet! She has become a book fiend. She never showed interest until about a month ago and now she can't get enough. I love it!

Ellie's favorite book is "Knuffle Bunny," by Mo Willems. It's a story about a little girl that loses her bunny at the laundromat. It's simple and kind of silly, but she absolutely loves it. It's one of those that Grandma reads at least 5 times a day to her. She prefers Grandma over anyone else to read it to her. I don't know how kids decide these things, but it is really quite interesting to me.

Today we were supposed to have an Easter egg hunt at a park across town with a group from the ward. Wouldn't you know it, it started to rain 1/2 hour before the activity. It wasn't just raining cats and dogs- I would say more like elephants and hippos. It was nuts. We have a nice pond in our back yard as proof. I had been talking this egg hunt up to Ellie for over a day, so I was really put out that it had to be canceled. Ellie and Katie were wearing their Easter T-shirts and were ready to hunt eggs. We had to make up plan B quickly! We decided to fill some plastic eggs with M&Ms and jelly beans, did a mad dash to the church and had our own little hunt in the church foyer. Nothing glamorous by any means, but the girls had a blast! I hid those eggs 4 different times for them to find. Ellie giggled with every egg she found and Katie laughed and laughed when she found one that she could shake and make a lot of noise with. I took a few pictures but wish I had the video camera with me. Steve would have gotten a kick out of seeing that one. Ellie can't wait for the Easter bunny to come to our house now! Oh, and Katie had her first taste of an M&M today and she thought that was pretty cool. She's not a big sugar/snack fan, but how can you resist M&Ms?

2 comments:

erin sheely said...

so, i TOTALLY have those exact same shirts for my girls! they both wore them yesterday...well, until mary blew through her diaper. you know how it is. it always cracks me up when we buy the same clothes for our children.

Tiffany said...

I guess we just both have excellent taste in clothes! :-D