Saturday, March 10, 2007

Penitence

Okay, so after writing that last note I felt really bad that I didn't have pictures of Ellie. And since we finally had a nice day today I decided to repent and take the girls out to the park with a camera in tow. The first outing of the spring. Unfortunately it was significantly windier at the park than at home (there was no wind at home) and it was still fairly wet from the rains yesterday so we could stay only about 45 minutes. But the girls really appreciated the time out in the fresh air. You can check out some of the pictures I took here. I was surprised that Katie was willing to go in the tube. She actually thought it was pretty fun. I'm looking forward to Spring and the promise of more of these nice days!

On our way to get groceries after our park outing Ellie mentioned that her daddy had been gone a long time. I asked her if she knew where he was and she said "Iraq". Then after a short pause she told me that she was far, far away from home and daddy was far, far, far...(pause)... far, far away from home. It was really cute. You can't put much past little kids- they're smarter than you think!

1 comment:

tom said...

Nice pictures of the girls playing together.

Steve told me how Ellie "talks" to him on the play phone.