Saturday, March 10, 2007

Katie, Katie, Katie


So I was going through the pictures I've taken in the last week and they're all of Katie! You can look here to see them. Just so you know, I have gotten video of her and Ellie. A couple funny things about Katie: she is my climber. She climbs onto anything and everything she can get her hands and feet on. She's pulled a couple chairs down on her trying to climb them, but it hasn't deterred her one bit. She loves baskets and boxes and drawers, as you can see from the pictures. And she loves to climb onto Papa's chair to share whatever he is eating. Even if she just finished her own meal, she's up there sampling what he has to share. We introduced whole milk to her yesterday and so far she is not a big fan at all. She'll take a sip and make a funny face and throw the sippy on the floor. She much prefers water or her formula. I remember Ellie wasn't too excited about it at first either. We'll convince her one way or another! She has also become very vocal about her opinions. I guess I should rephrase that. She has always been vocal... very vocal. But she expresses her opinions about more specific things such as Ellie lugging her around the house or wanting to be picked up. Ellie is having a much harder time carrying her around as she gets bigger. I'm anxious to find out just how big she is. We have less than 2 weeks until her first birthday. Pretty crazy!

About that big milestone... about a week ago I wrote and asked for some ideas for books to buy Katie for her birthday. I had a great response (thank you, thank you) and I have the list of what I received. Ellie and I went to the library (Katie likes to yank books off shelves... she wasn't invited) to read through them and were only able to find about 1/4 of the ones on the list. So, they were either checked out or the library doesn't carry them. But we had fun reading the ones we did find (and some more random ones Ellie pulled off the shelves to read). And I'm not going to tell you which ones I chose. Not yet anyway- there are so many good ones on there that I don't want to bias anyone :) I'll put the list below. I would recommend checking these out. Even if I don't end up buying some of these, it was still fun to get them and bring them home to read. Thanks again to everyone that gave me the ideas!

Book ideas:

"Bears in the Night" By Berenstain

"Belly Button Book" by Sandra Boynton

“One, Two, Three” by Sandra Boynton

“Pajama Time” by Sandra Boynton

“Horns to Toes” by Sandra Boynton

“Goodnight Moon” by Margaret Wise Brown

“The Very Hungry Caterpillar” by Eric Carle

“Hairy McLary” by Lindsey Dodd

“Where is the Green Sheep” by Mem Fox

"Because a Little Bug Went Ka-choo" by Michael K. Frith

"Eight Silly Monkeys" by Steve Haskamp

“Whose Mouse Are You?” by Robert Kraus

"Tacky the Penguin" by Helen Lester

"Stone Soup" by Ann McGovern

"Love you Forever" by Robert Munsch

“What Daddies Do Best” by laura numeroff

"Hand Hand Fingers Thumb." by Al Perkins

Hickory, Dickory, Dock and Other Favorite Nursery Rhymes” illustrated by Sanja Rescek

“Twinkle Twinkle” by the same author (great nursery rhyme books with a padded cover)

“We’re Going on a Bear Hunt” by Michael Rosen

“I Love You Through and Through” by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak.

“Where the Wild Things Are” by Maurice Sendak

“Oh! The Places You Will Go” by Dr Suess

“Cow in the Rain” by Todd Aaron Smith

“I Love You, Little One” by Nancy Tafuri

The Night You Were Born” by Nancy Tillman

“On the Day You Were Born” by Tillman

The Max and Ruby books by Rosemary Wells

“The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear” by Audrey Wood

Most books by Audrey and Don Wood

4 comments:

tom said...

I recognize some of those books. Erin must be to blame? :)

I love the picture of Katie in the drawer!

Steve said...

that's a lot of books...

erin sheely said...

what a great list! and great pic too

jmelgan said...

That list should keep you busy for a while!