Friday, January 4, 2008

Growing Up


Tomorrow Ellie becomes a big kid. She has her very first Primary Activity at church! I still can't believe my little girl is going to be a Sunbeam. Maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but this is big stuff for me! It's hard to believe that she can be old enough to go to Primary all on her own. It was just 3 years ago this week that Steve returned home from his first deployment to a little 8-month old (same age as Sarah is now) that wanted only to be held by her mother and yet wanted more than anything to learn how to walk. The time has flown by!

addition: She loved her activity. It took her a few minutes to warm up to her teacher and her friends, but after about 1/2 hour I asked if I could go and she gave me a hug, a huge smile and said she'd see me soon. Almost made me cry- such an independent little girl she's becoming. She sure does make me proud!

3 comments:

jmelgan said...

Time sure flies by! She sure is getting big.

Steve said...

yay for big girl Ellie! :)

erin sheely said...

hurray! i'm glad she had such a good time. having a sunbeam is totally weird...