Saturday, January 12, 2008

Daddy Song and more

Okay- so maybe Steve won't appreciate this story being published, but we both got a big laugh out of it, so I'll put it in here anyway. Katie has a funny way of pronouncing her consonants. If it's a "K" or "P" or "T" She over-emphasizes the sound. Words such as "rock" and "top" end quite forcefully. Katie also loves to sing. We sing about everything. Including her diaper changes. I have a song about changing her and she loves to sing along. So the other day I decided to sing something new and picked the "Daddy's Homecoming" song. Ellie and I used to sing it all the time, so I figured Katie would enjoy it as well. And she did. Fast forward to next diaper change and what song did Katie request? Why the same one, except she calls it the "Daddy Poop" song (be sure to emphasize that last "p" when saying it). Not sure why she decided to name it that, but oh my- it makes me laugh every time she requests it.

Ellie was being naughty one morning and I was tired of it and told her that I had enough and wasn't interested in playing her games that day. She started to cry and told me, "but I want to play games today!" Of course with the biggest pouty face you've seen. So I felt bad and told her that's not what I meant and all was better. This language of ours is hard to figure out sometimes!

Sarah has become the most clingy baby ever. She still does not sleep through the night (I think it's been 2 years since I had a good night's sleep) and just cries and cries whenever I'm around. When I leave her with Mom or Dad, she's happy as can be and wanders the house and plays with toys. The minute I walk into view, she starts that sad cry and doesn't stop until I pick her up. Then she has to be within touching distance at all times. I'm going nuts!!! It's a good thing she's cute.

The stress around here lately has been finding housing for when Steve gets home. He is "scheduled" to arrive mid-April (notice the quotes... this is the Army after all) and we have no plans on where to live. I thought we'd fall into another house on post, but it looks like that's not going to happen. So I'm stressed. We're now thinking we'll have to buy, since there are basically no rentals available right now. 1st Division has been moving back from Germany and the huge influx of people has caused that market to be overly saturated. So even though it's still months away, we're having to think far ahead as to what we want to do.

I'm guessing my stress level isn't helping Sarah feel very relaxed.

2 comments:

jmelgan said...

Sounds like you have had your hands full. I bet mid-April can't come soon enough! Take care, Jessica

erin sheely said...

wow, i love that katie has a daddy poop song. we'll have to teach it to mary. i'm so glad that you can see the end of that deployment coming up.