Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Typical Army

So we had it all planned out... Steve would come home the middle of October and be here for his birthday as well as Halloween. We've been talking it up to Ellie basically ever since he left. Plus we were planning on flying out to Utah for my nephew, Jacob's baptism the end of September. Then we find out Sunday that he has been selected to take command of the Signal Company in the Battalion (a great career move for him). He will take over the end of November, which means he starts signing for things the end of October. So that means his leave has been moved up over a month. He is trying to head out as soon as September 8th! Whoa! Definitely wasn't planning on having him come home this soon! It's a good thing we didn't have plane tickets or other reservations already made! Now, I don't want to sound like I don't want Steve home... believe me- that's about as far from the truth as you can get. But- I like some control over my life and the Army gives me NONE! I am extremely anxious to have him come home and can't wait- only about a month away! It's all very crazy. So now I need to start planning some fun activities.

We're excited to have my brother, Geoff, and his wife, Emily come visit. They should arrive tomorrow night sometime. Then Steve's brother, Duane, and his wife, Jessica will get here sometime Thursday. It's hotel Streeter around here! We're very happy to have all them come visit.

This week is "B" week. I'll get some pictures posted soon.

4 comments:

erin sheely said...

soooooo typical!!! i'm glad that he's takign command and that his r and r isn't too far away! of course that whole not having control thing is fairly annoying isn't it?

tom said...

That's great he's coming home soon!

erin sheely said...

and i love her "b" bees!! did she cut those herself?!

Tiffany said...

No, but she did all the gluing herself, which she was very proud of.