Sunday, August 19, 2007

"C" Week

So this was "C" week. I wasn't nearly as creative this week and I'm afraid we didn't do nearly as many activities to celebrate the letter "C". Besides, the girls just didn't get along well this week and I felt like I was just playing referee the whole time. Not a lot of motivation to get creative, honestly. But we still did a few things. We made our cookie-cutter cookies, of course. We had a cat, clown, circle, candle, letter C, and candy cane. She made a picture with "C" stickers and of course her visit from Aunt Carrie (on the right) who arrived on the choo-choo train. Ellie put clips in Carrie's hair and outfit and Carrie (and her friend, Denise) had a birthday cake. Next week we move on to the letter "D". She wants to save "E" for when her dad is home, so we'll put that off for just a couple weeks. Steve leaves in only 3 weeks to come home on his R&R. I am so incredibly excited. Can't wait!

On a side note... you know how there are some days you wonder why you even bother? Well, church today was one of those days. I got to hear about 10 minutes out of the 3 hours of church. The rest of the time was spent chasing Katie and keeping Sarah from crying. So why was I there?

3 comments:

erin sheely said...

oh tiffany i SO feel your pain. i ask myself that question just about every week. i'm sorry that it was hard!! i honestly have to force myself to go to church. when i was complaining to my mom about it this is an exact quote, "erin, i dreaded sundays for about 20 years..." yeah. i can see that. so i guess we go for the habit and cause there have to be blessings in there somewhere for trying!!

tom said...

I guess I never really understood how hard Sundays are with kids. I have so much admiration for both of you for doing it pretty much on your own.

I love the C's. Fun stuff. That's fun that she wants to save E 'till when Steve gets home.

geoffrey said...

i actually heard from a friend that i should enjoy church now, because i won't hear anything while i have kids. you get a testimony before kids to help you hang on until they leave the house. what a great adventure we have to look forward to!