Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Learning the Alphabet

Okay, so I've had this idea basically ever since we moved here to Illinois that I wanted to teach Ellie her letters. She knows "E" and that's the only one. So, a couple weeks ago I went shopping for fun things to do with letters and I decided to start this week. So, for the next 26 weeks we will be learning our letters. Of course we started out today with "A". I had good intentions to begin our lessons Monday, so I made up the sugar cookie dough. But without Mom here it's tough to find the time to do these projects with Ellie. But anyway- we started today. And Ellie had a great time making her "A" cookies. We had the letter "A", an angel, apple and arrow. Then I had her find the letter on her alphabet puzzle and her fridge phonics. Then we carved the letter "A" in our pot pie tonight. She's really excited about this. I'll think up another fun project tomorrow. I'll also be posting the pictures of our projects as the week goes on. If anyone has some good ideas- I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

erin sheely said...

that's awesome! what a great idea. emma has some alphabet puzzles that are really fun to do and we talk about the letters as we put them together.

tom said...

What a great idea!