Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I find it interesting...

When we were at the doctor last week I asked him about Katie drinking milk. Everything that I have read has indicated that you need to put your child on whole milk for a year once they turn 1. That's what I did with Ellie and so that's what I did with Katie. And she did not like it. I tried chocolate milk with Hershey's syrup and even tried Ovaltine. Nope- she was not interested in the slightest. So I asked the doctor if just eating cheese (which she can't get enough of) was enough calcium or if there was some magical ingredient in milk that she needed. He said no- cheese was fine. But get this- he told me 2% milk was better than whole milk to give to Katie. That night we bought some 2% milk and now she chugs it! Go figure.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So funny! Our ped said the same thing, sorta. We switched Ava over about two weeks before her birthday and he said to buy a gallon of 2% and have her drink that until it is gone (unless it goes bad!) and THEN switch her to whole milk. I thought it was so weird, but it worked!