Saturday, February 21, 2009

Awww... Poop

Okay, so maybe this is a topic that shouldn't be written about, but this week I am so stinkin' tired of cleaning up throw-up and poop! Sarah started it all off Saturday night throwing up (why is it that my kids choose to do this in the middle of the night, not the middle of the day?) Then her diarrhea lasted until... yesterday, I think. Katie took her turn throwing up Monday night, 3AM, and continued at the other end the rest of the week. Ellie and Steve didn't throw up, but poor Steve lost so much fluid that he ended up at the doctor and getting another 2L of fluids to rehydrate. And it was sad to see Ellie so lethargic yesterday. I pretty much avoided it, thankfully. Everyone is doing much better today and I'm hopeful that I'll actually get to go to church tomorrow. This was the second time our family got this kind of bug. I hope it was the last!

But to put a positive spin on it all... Yesterday was the day Steve was down and out. We decided to take Erin up on her offer to bring us dinner, as Steve had no energy to do it and I needed to not be on my feet. At 4:00 she (in the RS presidency) and Cassie (the Relief Society President) showed up at our doorstep with 3 incredibly yummy and nutritious meals. Two of them were soup-based, which was perfect for Steve. And they even brought me popsicles- the good kind, since I couldn't eat the chocolate chip cookies :) It is awesome to have such great friends- doing all that last minute was wonderful. And now I feel bad about complaining about the meals last week!

6 comments:

cassie jones said...

Don't feel bad about complaining, sometimes you just need to vent!! Also if nothing is ever said, how can it be fixed????

erin sheely said...

Oh lame!! Something must be going around there too. Mary threw up in her carseat (poor Tom, I was at the library) on Friday and Saturday night I got sick and then Mary had a blow out diaper for my inlaws. Seriously. Note that in neither case was I the one cleaning. What are the chances of that? I'm glad you got some good dinners!

Jaymie Quigley said...

We got the cough and runny noses this week but I would take that over the flu. At least your baby sounds like he's good!

Scott and Sarah said...

I'm SO glad you got some good help! I'm glad you're awesome at posting so I can see how cute Ryan is. Ella is wearing her pink/purple skirt today and told her grandma all about Ellie :) Glad things are going well and that everyone is feeling better.

J. Elgan said...

Hopefully that is the end of being sick!

Horn Family said...

I'm glad that you did post a blog about the other meals, othewise we would have never known. I am also very glad that you called. I hope that bug never comes around again!!! I feel your pain except I didn't have a newborn to take care of too. I have been thinking of you all!!! : ) It was good seeing you on Sunday.