Friday, February 13, 2009

Being Served

I am going to do a quick vent and then I'll be done. But this week the Relief Society was kind enough to offer meals for our family. That was great, since Mom left Monday and it would give Steve and me a break from that one chore (especially considering I'm supposed to be taking it easy this week and stay off my feet to speed recovery). Well, it wasn't worth it at all. Only one night did it go without a hitch. And that night we were truly spoiled- it was excellent. But two nights in a row we didn't even get food. The first night the individual didn't call until 6pm and said she could have dinner here by 7pm. I had given up by 5:45 and just made macaroni for the girls to eat (meltdown stage had hit shortly after 5) so we told her not to bother. Steve and I had to fend for ourselves. I think Steve ate Rice Krispie Treats :) The second night I learned my lesson and started dinner at 4:30 when we didn't get a call. I still don't know who was supposed to bring us a meal. Again- I'm not supposed to be up and cooking- that's the whole point! Then another night we didn't get the call until 5:30 and we had given up and ordered out pizza. We had already eaten by the time the food came. Two of the meals we had to force-feed down our girls' mouths. Seriously not worth it. I appreciate letting people serve, but it was more stress and pain than I needed!!!

Next post will be a positive one, I promise. Cuz besides this the week has been great with our little boy.

5 comments:

jmelgan said...

Sorry to hear about your experience. I would mention it to the compassionate service leader. She may be unaware of what is happening. I had a similar experience happen here. As a result, I made some changes that helped improved the process.

Now I send a list of who is bringing meals to the sisters receiving meals along with their phone number. I also call the sisters scheduled to deliver meals the day before to confirm and remind them when to deliver.

I hope you feel better soon.

Whacky Wheelers said...

I totally agree! You need to let the Compassionate Service person know. We are told to have the food at the person's house by 5pm here. If I do a "cold" dinner . . . sandwiches, etc., sometimes I will call and see if I can drop it off earlier in the day as I'm doing errands. You defintely need to let the RS people know!

My hubby doesn't think that we need to have people bring in meals because we have such a small family. When I had Matthew, the women just ignored David and brought in meals. It was a blessing! The only thing I hate . . . they cook so much better than I do and I want them to keep coming back! LOL!

Horn Family said...

Tiffany,
I am so sorry to hear about that!!! I had no idea. I didn't know who is in charged of bringing you the meals. If you need a meal tonight I so can bring one to you or tomorrow night!!! I hope all is going well. How are you feeling? Take Care : )

cassie jones said...

Tiffany
I am so sorry about the whole meal situation. I will talk with Cici and Marta and see what happened. I wish that I had known about it when it was happening so that I could have done something about it. I really feel bad, especially since your family is always there and ready and willing to serve others. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. Cassie

erin sheely said...

Yikes. That is frustrating. I'm sorry about that.