Sunday, December 7, 2008

Released

I was called into the Relief Society Presidency a few months ago as the Enrichment counselor. And I really enjoyed it. I liked helping the sisters, knowing what the issues were and being able to help, having that "in" so Steve (Elder's Quorum President) and I could discuss and share with each other how the ward was doing, and having that night off from home to have our meetings. Then our Relief Society President's husband got orders to Korea. So that meant it was time to reorganize the Relief Society again. I was surprised at just how upset I was about the fact that I wasn't called back in. The normal person would give a big sigh of relief. The other two were called back into the presidency, and that was probably part of it. I guess I felt that for some reason the new president didn't think I could handle it. And maybe she's right. With the baby on the way I will be busy and overwhelmed. And even if it had nothing to do with it, inspiration is inspiration. I can't argue with that. Maybe I'm just needed somewhere else. I'm not being demoted, just moved somewhere else. But honestly, that's how it felt. I'll just blame it on those crazy pregnancy hormones again. It's an easy out ;)

9 comments:

erin sheely said...

Bless your heart. Stuff like that is strange isn't it? I know you did a fantastic job and I'm glad that you get a break!!

Jaymie Quigley said...

Hang in there girl. Just hope they don't put in nursery when you can't touch your toes!

LizzyP said...

Tiff, it has been months since I found you again, and then I lost your exact blog address again. Sounds like your life is as full as ever.

By the way, I've been in your shoes before. That's tough. You'll be crazy busy before you know it.

P.S. I'd love to have your physical address on file. I'll see if I can find your e-mail address to send you a request.

The Olsen Clan said...

Hey-can I get on the being released train? No really, I do know what you are going thru. The same thing happened to me when in the YW presidency. It was like a mourning period. Don't worry - you'll get over fast. hehe (So proud of you-hope everything goes perfectly with your new baby boy)

Horn Family said...

We Love You Tiffany!!! You are so awesome. I was thinking on Sunday about everything and a thought came into my mind as to why you might have been released. I was thinking that maybe you are getting a break right now so that you will be the next President! When everything is done like the Bishop has told us about. That just came into my mind the other night! I think I might have a lot of learning to do and so I need to keep learning. You are so awesome!!!

Horn Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I can totally relate to those feelings! But truly, they probably just believe that you need a break!! I have no doubt that you did a fabulous job-no question about it.

Scott and Sarah said...

I have some confessing to do...I paid them off. I know it's not the most "righteous" thing to do, but just know that you went for a high price (ballet lessons for the Bishopric). :)

Anonymous said...

You will probably be pretty busy with another little one around!