Saturday, December 6, 2008

Quickie

I always say these will be quick and hopefully this time I can stick to that. So, even though I feel HUGE and have gained far more weight than I'll ever admit, when I went to see the doctor on Thursday (exactly 32 weeks) I was measuring 31 cm, so I'm back to my typical 1cm behind again. Maybe this boy won't be enormous after all? I also had to pick a new doctor, as mine is out-processing next week and won't be back for a year. He gave me a couple options and I chose the female doctor. There were a couple reasons for this choice. First of all, it was the first name that came to his mind- always a good sign. Second, when I asked about a c-section date (at 39 weeks) I found out the other doctor I had considered was being assisted by the doctor that messed up royally on my c-section with Katie. Not even interested in having her near my body- mostly for my mental consideration. It has been almost 3 years, so I'm sure she has improved, but that year was HORRIBLE after Katie and I don't want to even think about going through all that again. So it looks like my date (if this boy cooperates) for the c-section will most likely be January 20th. It's nice to have a date in mind. And it makes me feel good that it's just about 6 weeks away... I can do 6 more weeks.

And that's my update. Steve goes into the field for 10 days starting Monday-including sleeping over (the field being a patch of grass about 3 minutes from our house here on post.) Absolutely ridiculous to take husbands from families for 10 days right before Christmas. Infantry mentality makes no sense to me. I'll probably complain about this some more next week ;)

1 comment:

erin sheely said...

Infantry = lame. But I'm glad you have a C section date!