Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Love to See the Temple


We took a trip down to St. Louis on Saturday to the temple and it was a perfect day. We left at 7am and got down there right at 10. The kids and I played at the playground nearby while Steve went through. I took the opportunity (since we were on such beautiful grounds) to take a couple pictures. Katie suggested we sing the temple song and after I sang a verse, Ellie told me that she felt like a princess, being close to the beautiful building, surrounded by butterflies on the plentiful flowers and singing songs. I thought that was sweet.

After his session Steve took everyone for lunch while I did a session. The weather was great, the temple was great, and the kids were really quite good. We then did a commissary run and got all the wonderful things I can't get here (especially the cheese and bacon). We made one more stop for dinner at Chili's (yikes for 4 kids in a restaurant at bedtime) and then got home right around 9:30. It was an extremely long day, but overall a great time.

3 comments:

jmelgan said...

Glad you had a nice trip. I can't get over how big the girls are getting. It seems like they have really grown a lot lately.

The Olsen Clan said...

What a great idea to trade off. Bet I couldn't convince Tony to do that. What a great husband you have! That is a great picture of the kids in front of the temple.

erin sheely said...

Wow! That's awesome. I love that Ellie felt happy there.