Saturday, August 8, 2009

Great Day!

I want to tell about our trip to Indi, but that will have to wait until later.

Today was such a great day. Because I have to prepare my lesson still, I'll just give the highlights.
9:30 we went shopping for a birthday present for a 3-year old's birthday. It was very fun shopping for a boy. We bought nothing pink :) A ball, a bulldozer and a coloring book. Can't beat that!
11:00 we arrived at church to give blood in the bloodmobile. It's been 6 years since I last donated! Wow. I guess it didn't realize it had been that long. But yay for being able to do it again. And it took me only 6 1/2 minutes. Bam! hehe My brothers and I always used to race to see who could donate the fastest. Silly, I know.
12:45 I bought a brand new mountain bike. Hooray! We have been talking about buying me a bike ever since we got married. And today it actually happened. I am so incredibly excited about this bike and the prospect of going on family bike rides now.
1:00 we went around the corner to the water park for a birthday party. There was pizza, soda, birthday cake and a WHOLE lot of wind to make it difficult to do it all! But we had a great time and then went into the water park for 3+ fabulous hours of swimming. We had no idea this place was even there. There's a lazy river, wave-ish pool (don't actually turn on waves) kiddy pool and a couple slides. This was Ryan's first experience with a pool and he had a great time. I obviously can't take the kids to the pool by myself so it was wonderful having Steve and friends there to help out.
5:00 we arrived home to baths, banana pancakes (Ellie has been begging me for those for about 2 months now) and bed. There were 4 extremely exhausted children that didn't fight too hard when we tucked them in. I hope they all sleep very well.
8:00 I finished off the M&M cookies I promised my class for tomorrow and I'm ready to start my lesson. Steve is outside staining the bookshelf he built (it's beautiful) I'm going to pop up and devour some popcorn (because I can) and the day is ending quite well.

2 comments:

erin sheely said...

What an awesome day!! I'm so glad you got a bike! And hurray for a new water park. What a blast!

Whacky Wheelers said...

Where's the water park? Sounds like one busy day for a great family!