Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Manna

Numbers 11: 6- But now our soul is dried away: there is nothing at all, beside this manna, before our eyes.

I am starting to feel this way. Steve made a comment last night that rang so true... I am beginning to understand why the Israelites complained about eating manna for 40 years.

Here is my diet. And this is pretty much what I eat every single day.
Breakfast: bagel and water or milk
lunch: turkey sandwich and wheat thins (sometimes a banana, but I'm not sure if it's really allowed yet)
dinner: salad with cheese on top (my family gets real meals) most croutons have onion or garlic

here's my latest list of what's not allowed. And it grows almost daily...
oranges, to include orange juice. This also means any kind of citrus fruits
strawberries (which includes jellies and yogurts)
chocolate and caramel
onion
garlic
nuts, to include cashews, almonds, walnuts and peanut butter
corn, to include popcorn and any cereals or chips made with corn
pretzels, apparently- he has a terrible reaction today or else the graham crackers
tomatoes in all their varieties
parmesan cheese
beans, broccoli, cucumbers
eggs

yeah- not a whole lot left to eat. Pretty much everything I cook has either onion or garlic in it. I am starting to lost my patience for this diet. I want to nurse Ryan- it's a wonderful thing to do and very beneficial, but there are days when I wonder if it's worth it. I sometimes feel like I'm not healthy because there is no variety in my diet!

I just hope this isn't a sign for how he'll be when he gets older. And I really hope he grows out of this soon!! Yes, I am feeling sorry for myself :)

3 comments:

The Olsen Clan said...

hmmmmm...looks like milk shakes and ice cream are still in the mix though!
So excited that you are moving back to the area!

Horn Family said...

I am so sorry, it has to be hard. I love food so much! You are a very strong women!! I don't know if I could do that!! I am all about nursing but taking away that much of food is a very hard thing to do!!! You are Awesome!!!!

erin sheely said...

Yikes!! What a little stinker.