Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Almost Halloween

We went to a Ward halloween trunk-or-treat and how disappointing! We showed up shortly after 7 (we were just a few minutes late because I forgot the candy and we had to go home and grab it), went around the circle in the dark (why did it start so late again?) then packed up and came home- no more than an hour total, and half of that was driving time. Again- thoroughly disappointing. It's a good thing we have parties the next two nights. I didn't even get pictures, it was so rushed. I'll do my best to get some tomorrow. But I am thrilled about the way the costumes turned out. The girls were absolutely adorable!!!

To rewind a bit, I drove the girls and myself out to Illinois two weekends ago to get a break and to sew those costumes. It was so much fun being home again. The girls were thrilled (that first night that kept running in and out of their bedrooms screaming and laughing) and loved every minute there. Unfortunately they didn't adjust to sleeping very well, but otherwise it was a blast. We love being with grandma and grandpa. I did a lot of shopping (had to catch up on my Kohl's) and even more sewing. I was up late every night and spent most of the day sewing those costumes. But it was well worth it! Mom was a huge help and we were able to make the dresses look better than I had hoped. We made a trip to the Children's Museum one day, which was fun. The week flew by and by the time we left Saturday the girls were crushed. Ellie told us that she could stay at Grandma and Grandpa's- we have two other girls, we would be just fine without her. What a cute thing to say! I wish I could have stayed longer and gotten a little more rest! I've been exhausted ever since I got back. That was a lot of driving for one pregnant girl! We're going to try and convince Mom and Sybil to come visit us again soon :)

I am definitely not doing well with this pregnancy. I am constantly tired and frustrated with... everything. This little boy is bringing out some kind of monster in me. I am getting bigger tons faster, my usually glowing pregnant skin is riddled with acne, I get charlie horses every night, my body definitely doesn't handle the day-to-day tasks nearly as well as it used to (aka sore back and body) and I really am just constantly exhausted and an emotional wreck. It will be a very long 3 months until this little boy arrives.

Enough complaining.

So again, hopefully I will get some great pictures of my Oz family tomorrow and have them posted soon. After all that hard work, someone ought to see them other than in the dark! :-D

2 comments:

Jaymie Quigley said...

Maybe testosterone doesn't agree with you. All I can say is you will forget all of that once your little man is here!

erin sheely said...

I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well! That's so lame. Silly babies. The costumes turned out fantastic!! You guys look awesome.