Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Creative

I have decided recently that I'm tired of always cooking the same thing, so I've been trying out new recipes. There were a couple from my brother, Geoff, a couple from my mom and a couple that I got off the internet or one of my many cookbooks. I was getting excited about it until I got going. I have tried 5 or 6 of those new recipes so far and it has been rather frustrating. Steve has enjoyed them all, which is nice, since he can be picky sometimes. But the girls and I haven't been nearly as thrilled. I can see why my mom was so frustrated with me- the pickiest of eaters. How frustrating to make a meal and not have it eaten! So far we haven't found any new "family favorites", but there are a couple that I'll probably make again and see if maybe the girls had a bad night or I fed them too many snacks before dinner. I'm hoping that's all it is. I still have many more experiments to go.

I'm feeling much better now with the pregnancy. I went in today (they had to reschedule me from Monday) and I'm at 24 weeks, measuring 23- just as I figured. The heartbeat is still strong in the 140's and the doctor said the ultrasound looked great. Always good news. Probably the fastest appointment I've ever had (I doubt it was over 3 minutes with the doctor) but that was fine with me.

Being in the relief society presidency has given me quite the eye opener into just how hard the Relief Society President has it. I don't know if it's just this ward, but there is constantly something that needs done or a family in need. She's pretty good at delegating, and just what I have been assigned to do has me exhausted. How in the world do we keep so many sisters happy and prospering in the Gospel? And raise a family! On a day like today it makes me wonder.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Hey! I have some recipes I can give you. I'll pick my favorites and email them to you. I feel like we are in a rut with meals too. So, if you want to share some of yours I'd love to have them. :)

Jaymie Quigley said...

Tiff, I lost your blog site for a while but I finally dug it up again. I was smart enough to bookmark it this time. That is awesome you guys are expecting again! Did you find out what it is yet?

Jaymie Quigley said...

Strike that... I backed up far enough to figure it out. Boys rock! I swear having a little boy is like falling in love all over again.

Emily said...

I'm so glad the pregnancy is on the up and up now. I can't wait to see a little Elgan boy. I know how you feel about meals. Sometimes after I've tried a new thing that we only somewhat like, I just wish I'd made an old standby. Geoff usually likes it better anyway! But I've been doing a meal swap with some friends and recently have found a few new good ones. I will email you a couple.

Emily said...

PS. I love the section Crazy things I say to my girls. They're all great, but my particular favorite today is, Please don't squish bugs with your ice cream cone.