Sunday, October 5, 2008

Funny girls

The girls just crack me up sometimes. Katie has such a unique way of speaking and I'll be sad when she loses it. We were driving the other day and we smelled skunk (which the girls have now used to label any bad smell that enters the car). So of course we started talking about it.

Katie: I pell kunk!
me: you smell the skunk?
Katie: Yes, kunk pell poopy?
me (trying not to laugh): I suppose the skunk might smell poopy.

later on...
Katie: I see booties!
(again Steve and I try not to laugh) and after consideration... Oh- you see birdies?
Katie: yes, I see booties

So funny. Also, Ellie has become enthralled with anatomy, both male and female. I have had to correct her for drawing certain body parts on both girls and boys and let her know that modesty carries over in our drawings, not just with what we wear. I'm not even going to say who she drew yesterday, but I would have been terribly embarrassed if anyone else saw the picture before we had Ellie draw clothes on the poor exposed drawing.

We took a couple family pictures this morning before heading over to church to listen to Conference. I'll try to get one put up on here as soon as Steve is done editing it :)

About my pregnancy: I've told a couple people this lately, but I'm getting too old for this. And I'm not even 30 yet! I have had more aches and pains and pulled muscles that it's getting ridiculous. I apparently pulled a ligament and it didn't heal for 2 full days! Ouch. I also pulled a muscle in my neck- never fun. Then this morning I woke up and could barely stand or breathe because I managed to pull a muscle in my back. Again- absolutely ridiculous. If I hadn't seen the ultrasound I would swear there were 2 babies in this tummy of mine (although most everyone else would argue that I'm not very big...). I have had lots of headaches this time around as well, which I don't really remember having with the last three pregnancies. Steve has decided I need more exercise to keep my body more limber. He's probably right. So in all my spare time (and I don't mean at 6am) I'll see what I can do :-D Yes, yes- woe is me. But even amidst my frustrations, this pregnancy is going great. This little boy is extremely active! I see the doctor again tomorrow morning and we'll see how I'm measuring. I'm typically 1-2cm smaller than "normal", so we'll see if I'm following that trend again this time. Steve has edited lots of pictures tonight. I'll see if I can snag some tomorrow and post them- it's been awhile since I've done that.

1 comment:

erin sheely said...

i'm sorry you aren't feeling well! that's a total bummer. that story about ellie is hilarious. oh the things we must teach our children...