Sunday, September 14, 2008

Busy Week

This week has been busy, busy, busy!!! We are all feeling the effects of it as well. Monday was grocery shopping/laundry/FHE. Tuesday was a baby shower, Wednesday was a Presidency meeting (for both Steve and me), Thursday was Enrichment, Friday I took a breath and watched some Monk and Psych online :), Saturday was Stake meetings in Salina, an hour away, and today was more meetings and church. And I just got a call to take dinner to another sister in the ward tomorrow. Steve had to put the girls to bed alone twice this week. Katie is now scared of the rain and having her bedroom door closed when she sleeps (and is afraid I won't be there when she wakes up), Ellie has become more emotional about... everything. And Sarah is just slightly more clingy with me. Steve says it's good for them to get some time away from Mom, but it's hard on us all! I'm exhausted physically, emotionally and spiritually. This will be a great learning experience, but it'll take practice to get into the groove of it all. Steve told me last night- just wait until the girls get into extracurricular activities... then you'll think all of this was a piece of cake! Nice...

On a lighter note... here are some funny things the girls have done.
Ellie has raided my closet and now wears my tank-tops that I wear under my clothes as nightgowns or dresses. She thinks they're pretty.
Katie has an interesting way of asking for dessert. She tells us she wants "dirt".
Sarah has become quite the conversationalist and we caught her yelling at her sister this afternoon for being naughty. She loves to run and walk on her tiptoes- she is typically doing one of those at all times.

And last, but certainly not least- we are soooo excited to have Mom come visit tomorrow. Just one more sleep! :-D

3 comments:

Corinne said...

Being in the RS presidency is exhausting but I know you'll be awesome!!

Corinne said...

okay this is erin but apparently i never logged out of corinne's gmail1!

jmelgan said...

Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. Have fun with your mom. I bet you enjoy having her there!