Friday, September 5, 2008

Avanti's Bread Recipe

Avanti's is an "Italian" restaurant in central Illinois that makes yummy sub sandwiches. Pretty much the only people that love the rest of Avanti's food are the ones that grew up eating it, but really, this bread makes very tasty sandwiches. You oughta try it out.

Here is the 2-loaf version of the Avanti's bread (I make them as long loaves on a cookie sheet).

1 cup warm water
2 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp oil
1 egg
1/3 cup plus 1 1/3 tsp sugar
3 1/3 cup flour

Then bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Then you just get some salami, ham, american cheese and lettuce and you're set. I love these sandwiches!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Thanks, Tiffany!

One last question... How long do you bake it (and at what temperature?) What works for you?

Julia said...

Looks like Taylor and I both really like bread! I have a question, too. I'm guessing that the last ingredient should be flour instead of sugar? I have a huge sweet tooth and probably would love it with that much sugar, too.

Sharon said...

You know what's funny is I went out to lunch with some of the FRG ladies today as our last official FRG function since we are all leaving. Two of the ladies who are from Illinois were talking about this plave and how yummy it was. I had never heard of it of course. Too funny that you bring this up today too. The recipe sounds yummy, we'll have to try it!