Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Valentines

I have become an obsessive sewer! I never in a million years thought I would learn to sew, let alone enjoy it, but I really do. Steve suggested maybe I enjoy it so much because it's like a puzzle- and I love puzzles. These dresses were my latest sewing project. I actually ended up sewing 4 dresses. The initial ones I sewed for Katie and Sarah were much too big. Katie fit into Sarah's, so I made a new, smaller one for Sarah. The dress that was too big for Katie I gave to a friend of Ellie's (Hannah) in the ward that is a year younger. Hannah wore her dress to church today as well and I wish you could have seen Ellie's reaction when she saw her. Her eyes absolutely lit up and she told me with enthusiasm, "look Mom- Hannah is wearing her heart dress too!" I love it! (the rest of the pictures are here)

Katie is still a nursery flunkie. She will be 2 years old in just over a month and still cannot handle going to nursery without me. Then with Sarah finding her vocal chords and cruising around so well, it could be a long time before I get to actually go and stay in class at church.

Ellie has really enjoyed her special time with Mom at night. I typically put Sarah to bed first then we do scriptures and prayers with the girls. I sing songs and put Katie to bed while Ellie gets to read a book with Grandma or Grandpa. Then it's Ellie-mommy time. As soon as I come out she says, "let's have popcorn and snuggle." I will admit- it is nice to have that quiet time alone with her at night.

I have people ask me all the time about Steve's return date. From what we can tell, he should be stateside by around April 12th. That is only 2 months away! Yippee! It's great to finally see that end in sight. So, the tour will end up being closer to 14 months instead of 15. I'll take it! Still no word on housing. As soon as we hear I'll be sure to post about it.

I took the girls outside yesterday before the cold snap hit and we made a snowman with what was left of the snow. Dad called it our pygmy snowman. The girls enjoyed it, so why not, right?

So, from the Elgan girls... Happy Early Valentine's Day! :-D

3 comments:

jmelgan said...

That is the cutest little snow man I have ever seen! Love the dresses and the pictures.

tom said...

Emma loves the dress you made for her.

The Olsen Clan said...

Those dresses are so precious. Where do you find the time?