Wednesday, February 6, 2008

American Idol

When it's bedtime around here, we've decided it's not worth putting Ellie and Katie to bed at the same time since they will stay in their room and rearrange furniture, take out all the toys, jump from crib to bed, etc... They don't sleep, in other words. So Katie goes to bed at 7 and we keep Ellie up until about 7:30 or 8:00. Lately we've popped popcorn and watched TV together to unwind. Okay, so I like to watch American Idol. I think it's funny and I get a kick out of it. And since it's on when Ellie is still awake, I let her watch it with me. I didn't realize just how much she was getting out of it until tonight. They were doing auditions and after each person sang, Ellie would ask, "are they going to Hollywood?" What? She has no clue what or where Hollywood is, she just knows it's a good thing. So funny to hear her ask me that.

One thing I love about little kids is the way they pronounce things. Here are a couple that come to mind. I know there are tons more that make me laugh, but I'll have to bring those up another time. We'll see if you can guess what these are...

Katie's two favorite things are her "shaya" (Ellie calls it a "shasher") and "bonkie". Katie likes to eat "manas" and loves "moni" (Ellie used to call it "kockawaymay"). Katie does not call them diapers, she calls them "melmos" after the character that is drawn on them.

Ellie likes it when it is pinkling and enjoys running through the pinkler (notice a "pink" trend here?)

Sarah can say "duck" and is a pro at spitting. :-D

key:
shaya= pacifier
bonkie= blankie
manas= bananas
moni= macaroni
melmo= Elmo
pinkling= sprinkling
pinkler= sprinkler

1 comment:

erin sheely said...

ha!! i love it!! oh kids crack me up.