Sunday, October 9, 2011

in heaven

Katie and I got into a little discussion about Heaven and what it will be like there. We talked about how our family will be able to find each other after we die and other things like that. She was afraid that since I'll probably die first, she won't be able to find me. But after explaining the sealing power, she decided that Jesus will probably help her find me. And all was well. Then she started talking about what we would eat. And I told her that in heaven we probably won't need to eat. Our bodies will be perfect and won't need food to stay that way. She thought about it for a second and said, "I think there will be fish and honeycomb in heaven. But I won't eat the fish. I'll only eat the honeycomb." (can you guess what song we sang in Primary today?) I love having these conversations with my kids. It's very enlightening to find out what they are actually grasping and what I need to do better at explaining!


On a side note... after church I was walking out and saw an older couple that we had known when we were first married and lived in Texas. I called to him and went to say hello. I told him that I knew I recognized him, but couldn't place him for a minute until I saw him with his daughter. And he came back with the same sort of thing. "I thought I recognized you too, but I wasn't sure. Last time I saw you, you were... " (placing palms towards each other closely... try it. hint: this was not a compliment- that was about 30 pounds ago)

Yeah...

his wife interjected with the fact that was "BC... before children".

And on that note, I think I need to go eat a bowl of ice cream. Maybe a really big one with chocolate sauce on top?

1 comment:

erin sheely said...

i love having those spiritual discussions with my kids...they are always half awesome half funny!