Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What have I done?

The other day I was getting Ryan dressed. I asked what shirt he wanted to wear. He requested his ball shirt (has a basketball on it). I obliged and put it on him. Then he changed his mind and wanted his fish shirt. Sure, we'll change your shirt. And of course his blue shorts (jean shorts are a must these days). Well, then I got Tommy dressed in the flag shirt that Dick and Sybil gave them. Ryan noticed and here is the conversation that ensued:

Ryan: baby wear a fag shuet?
me: yep, tommy is wearing his flag shirt today
Ryan: me a wah a fag shuet
me: but you're already dressed in the shirt you wanted to wear
Ryan (quite indignant): No! Me a wah a fag shuet! Me a match a baby!

Ryan then commenced to put on his flag shirt and then picked out matching socks for him and Tommy. Then all was well in the world... for a little bit.

what have I done?

3 comments:

erin sheely said...

ha! you have another fashionista (fashionisto?) in the family. i love it!!

Cynthia said...

Peter ALWAYS wants to match Sam so even if they don't have a matching outfit (which to be honest they have probably about 8 now from Janelle's mom) they at least have to be the same colors. Yes, I understand.

Shelly said...

Oh it's such a battle at our house! Good luck!