Friday, September 4, 2009

Sarah's latest

I have been waiting to post this, in hopes I'd get a cute picture of Sarah up and ready to share, but who knows when I'll get around to that- so here we go.

So, we finally took pacifiers away from Sarah last week. I was so incredibly scared to do this, as she has been especially attached to those "fawas". (She always had a blanket, "baba" and pacifier, "fawa", or as she would say... bafawa). But, as Steve said so well... we never give our kids enough credit. It wasn't horrible with Ellie or Katie, and it wasn't horrible with Sarah. We had two nights and one nap that were rough (cried for about a half hour) but then she was fine. But alas, as with the other two, when the pacifiers went away, so did the afternoon naps. I have always been amazed that there are children out there that continue to nap until they are 3 1/2- 4 years old. All the girls have given them up at 2 1/2. Having Sarah stay up in the afternoon has ended up being a blessing. She and Katie play together so incredibly well when it's just the two of them. They get to play with Ellie in the morning, then it's just those two while Ellie is at school.

As if this hasn't been enough transition, Steve decided we ought to encourage potty training with Sarah. So today I took her shopping for some new underwear. Little Mermaid and 101 Dalmatians is what we ended up with. And then she managed to wet through 6 pair of underwear today. Yeah- it's going great! Silly, silly Sarah. She has tried to reach the "terrible twos" but in the end just makes us laugh. She is truly a sweet, lovable little girl. For example: she and Katie always say, "I miss Ellie" as soon as she's dropped off at school. And she loves to give hugs and kisses. I love my Sarah.

3 comments:

Wilson's Wonderful World said...

My kids always give up their naps when they are about that age too.

erin sheely said...

What a sweetie! We totally did the binky thing at the same time! I'm so glad it wasn't too bad for you or Sarah. And oh the wet underoos that first potty training day. I hate that day. But I love that your girls play nice together. That's sooo awesome.

Scott and Sarah said...

We are going through the SAME things with Kallie. I'm very scared of losing the afternoon nap... especially being just a couple of weeks at most from our new addition. Keep us up on how it's going! Good luck!