Sunday, July 1, 2007

Busy Week

We had a very busy week this week!

On Wednesday we were fortunate enough to be able to head up to Chicago to visit Erin Tolman and her family. She was up there visiting her grandparents and had her two girls (Emma and Mary) plus her mom and three sisters (and their kids) with her. We were packed up and out of the house by 8:30. Keep in mind- it was only me and the three girls. Quite the undertaking! It took us just over 2 hours to get to Blackberry Farm in Aurora. The girls did great until about 1/2 hour before we got there. The movie they were watching ended and since they were sitting right next to each other (big mistake) they kept poking and scratching and stealing blankets and just harassing each other. It was so great to see Erin again. Her girls are just as cute as ever and Ellie and Emma had a great time playing together. From there we went to the water park across the street and the girls had a blast. Katie splashed in the shallow end while Ellie and Emma ran around playing on the playground and in the water. Erin took some great pictures while we were there. Mary and Sarah slept the whole time. By 3:00 all the kids were exhausted and hungry. We drove to Chuck-E-Cheese where the kids had an awesome time playing and eating pizza. Katie had never been before and it was only Ellie’s second time- they loved it! Ellie and Emma ran around together while I tried to referee Katie and Sarah. Erin’s family was awesome and helped out a ton. I never would have survived without it! Overall it was just an awesome day. Erin’s family is incredible- they took such good care of us. I haven’t met many people as great as them! Amazingly, both girls stayed awake on the ride home. I moved our seating arrangement back to normal and both girls were able to still see the movie (thanks to Corinne’s awesome advice). No complaints on the way home- just the way I like it!


On Thursday I took Katie and Sarah down to the doctor while Mom kept Ellie with her. That was yet again an interesting adventure. Both girls had well-baby appointments with shots. I had at least one crying at a time and both were screaming by the time shots were over. Not fun to do alone! They are both getting bigger. Katie was just over 23 pounds and measured in at 32.5 inches. Sarah weighed 10 ½ pounds and was 21.5 inches. Just as a comparison… Ellie was 2 pounds heavier and 2 ½ inches longer at her 2-month appointment. Sarah’s just the shrimp of the family, I guess. Haha! Both girls were nice enough to sleep on the way home.


The rest of the week we were fortunate to have nice weather, so we spent as much time outside as we could. Dad took the girls to the park and Ellie helped paint the ladder for the playhouse. The girls were sure to coordinate their naps so that they didn't sleep at the same time, so I haven’t had a nap in forever. I know- cry me a river. But I’m tired! Yesterday was a typical Sunday with Katie only getting one nap and having a tough time at church. We were sure to take our evening walk and spent quite a bit of time at the Smith’s house (our typical destination these days).


Overall it was just a very tiring week for me. I heard a little too much crying and whining and am ready to start this week on a happier note! I tried putting up pictures, but the site is down again, so once it's up again I'll get those posted.

No comments: