Friday, June 1, 2007

Alone with Odds and Ends

This weekend my parents are in Utah to participate in the blessing of my newest niece, Amelia Streeter. I feel terrible that I never wrote on here about her birth. She was born on May 11th weighing in at 9 pounds, 4 ounces and 20 inches long. She's an adorable little girl. We're excited to have her in our family. I'm jealous that Mom and Dad got to be out there, but there was no way I was going to try that trip with the three girls.

So that leads to the conclusion that yes, I am here alone with the girls. It was definitely a daunting undertaking, but I think I've done quite well. I even took all three to the grocery store all by myself and survived. I was quite proud of myself for that one. It's nice to know I can do it alone, but it's even nicer to know I don't have to! I'm ready for Mom and Dad to come home so I can get some sleep!

I have been very well taken care of this weekend. Andrea Ringer (who happens to be the Relief Society President, but is just a good friend) came over the first day and distracted us for a couple hours. She gave me some good perspective on raising a 3-year old (whoever called them the terrible twos was way off- three is much harder!). Then on Friday she came and took Ellie to play with her girls for a couple hours while Katie, Sarah and I slept. It was GREAT! Saturday Marilyn Mapes and Linda Fritz joined the four of us girls to another trip to a spray park- one down the street from the park we visited on Tuesday. There was a big storm in the forecast, but we had sunny weather that was just the right temperature. Ellie had a blast this time around. We all got wet and had a great time. Katie still wasn't convinced. She spent most of her time on the swings again. We'll keep trying. We stopped for ice cream on the way home and it started raining just as we were finishing up. Perfect timing! Today we had a "linger longer" after church and the girls were pawned off on different people there as well. I practically had people fighting to hold Sarah. I guess I can't blame them- you don't get the chance to hold a newborn very often. This ward has been so good to me- it's been wonderful. Mom and Dad get back tomorrow night with Brad and the kids and we are very excited to have them come. Needless to say, it's been a long weekend, but it's gone well.

We took Katie down to the doctor to have her checked to make sure the ear infection was really gone this time (it is). While we were there we took the liberty to stick Sarah on the scale to see how big she has gotten. Fully dressed she weighed 8 pounds, 8 ounces. I couldn't believe it! Not bad considering she was only 6 weeks old and started out a little over 6 pounds. She is even starting to get chubby arms and legs. It amazes me how quickly they grow at this age. One fun thing about that, though- she's starting to fit into the 0-3 clothes so I have much more to choose from. Hey- she's the 3rd girl. We've collected quite the wardrobe!

Dad got back from Italy and brought the girls t-shirts from Florence. I got some fun pictures of them in those t-shirts. Ellie has worn hers every day since he got back (for at least a few minutes each day before the next outfit is chosen).

Something funny happened this morning. I was down here chatting with Steve and thought I had better check on Ellie since I hadn't seen her for a bit. The other two girls were sleeping and I wanted to be sure she wasn't "helping" them wake up. I went upstairs and couldn't find her. Then I heard a little yelp from my parent's room. I went in and didn't see her anywhere. Then I spotted her. I don't know how she thought to stick herself in there, or how she even fit, but it just made me smile. What a goofy kid!

I've added a few more pictures lately of our adventures. I am just exhausted. I have a huge respect for women that do it all on their own all the time.

1 comment:

tom said...

What a funny place for hide and seek! Emma tried to play hide and seek with me via the webcam. It was actually quite funny and kind of worked. After searching for me all over the house she finally came back with her "daddy blanket".