Saturday, May 26, 2007

What Have I Done?

Yesterday I went shopping at Kohl's for some much-needed clothes. My post-pregnancy body isn't compatible with my wardrobe, so instead of wearing sweatpants until I lose the baby weight, I decided to buy clothes that actually fit. And of course I always happen to mosey on by the baby section. They were having a great sale (of course) and I bought Katie the shirt and shorts that match Ellie's. I also found some pajamas for Ellie. I just love pajamas- I could spend all my money on them, they're so fun.

So to get to the point... I got home yesterday and showed Ellie her new pajamas and she started screaming and jumping for joy. Not the reaction I was expecting, but quite amusing. She insisted on trying them on then and there. This isn't that unusual- she goes through at least 4 outfits a day. But then I pulled out Katie's new clothes and Ellie about lost it. She was yelling and screaming (happily) and went rushing to her room to get her matching outfit. I have come to accept the fact that Ellie is a lover of clothes and of matching... everything. Wherever we go she points out, "look mamma- pink, my favorite" and somehow it goes to "look, it matches me". But yesterday when I pulled out Katie's clothes she started pulling off her shirt to put the new clothes on before I even asked if she wanted to try them on. And she loves to put on shoes. Mostly because it means going outside, but how did my girls pick up on all this? What have I done? :-D I have to admit, I love to dress my girls matching- it's just so cute!

3 comments:

erin sheely said...

that is HILARIOUS! i love it. pink is emma's favorite too. it totally cracks me up that she tries on different outfits every day. my problem is keeping emma's clothes on at all! she loves to strip down to her diaper (but not for long!). great matching outfits!

Sarah said...

You have such fun girls! I love that Ellie likes everything to match! What a hoot!

tom said...

That's pretty funny. I'm suprised everytime I see a picture of your girls...they are getting so big!