Saturday, May 5, 2007

Three under 3

It really hit me the other day that I have three little girls under the age of three (Ellie turns three on Mother's Day). It's absolutely nuts. But at the same time, I already love it. The girls are so good together (for the most part) and I can tell that Sarah is going to join right in when she gets old enough. Having said that, I also must admit that it's been tough. I finally hit rock bottom last night and lost it emotionally. Sarah wouldn't sleep because of her stuffy nose and I was absolutely exhausted. Put that on top of post-pregnancy hormones and I was a mess. Sometimes crying just feels really good. I am grateful to have parents here who love me and are willing to sacrifice their own sleep to help me out. Dad gave Sarah and me a blessing and then Mom took Sarah for the night (minus feedings, of course). It helped immensely. Besides being sick, I felt much better today about everything.

On another note, I wasn't quite sure how I would feel about nursing Sarah. I went a year with Ellie and loved it. I went only 3 months with Katie then bottle-fed her. And I have to admit- the bottle sure was convenient! I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy nursing after that experience. But it's been great. Aside from her horrible reaction to taco beans (lots and lots of gas) she has done awesome. I haven't had to eliminate anything from my diet and she is a champion nurser. I really couldn't ask for a better baby. The other two girls had troubles with my milk, so it's a huge relief to have a baby that can actually tolerate it. I can't say enough how blessed I feel to have this beautiful little girl in our family. I wouldn't trade her for anything. Steve's girls... I love it. I just wish he were here to enjoy it with me.

We've added pictures the last couple days (be sure to use the slideshow function- the thumbnails keep cutting off heads and feet). Oh- and I've been able to buy more baby clothes because Sarah doesn't fit in any of the 0-3 outfits we have. Awww... so sad ;)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sarah's coloring is GORGEOUS! You have such a beautiful family!