Saturday, October 13, 2012

A blessed baby

On September 30th we had Anna's baby blessing.  Steve's sister was awesome and drove 8 hours with three of her kids to be here and support us for this great occasion.  And she was great and held unhappy Anna, which was also awesome.  I did everything in my power to get Anna to be happy during her blessing, but alas- she cried anyway.  Thankfully Steve has a powerful voice and we could hear him just fine over her wimpers.  Or maybe I'm just getting better at tuning out her cry?  The one thing that really stood out to me was that he blessed her with a healthy body and a strong mind.  Considering all that she has gone through that was a great thing to hear!  Maybe it was the blessing, maybe it was the fasting in her behalf, I don't know- but starting that evening Anna improved significantly.  For three straight days she was a happy baby.  I didn't even recognize her!  It was a huge blessing for us.  I believe that her constipation troubles are keeping her from being always happy, and I hope to get that taken care of soon.  But it was a wonderful day with wonderful friends and family to share it with us.

I love the boys' faces in this picture!

Because of all the craziness of feeding people right after church, we didn't get many pictures taken.  I took the ones of just Anna on Monday morning and she was extremely cooperative and absolutely beautiful in her blessing dress.



A funny little note... her neck was too big to button the top button :-)

2 comments:

Scott and Sarah said...

Anna is SO cute! Love seeing the pictures of your growing family :) I had to take my youngest 3 to a HUGE hospital and it too was a disaster... not that I'm glad you had a hard time, but it does feel good not to be the only one out there in one of those "is this really happening to me?" moments.

I'm so sorry to hear that Anna has been having a tough time. I have a friend who has a baby with GI problems, and she uses this product...
http://www.amazon.com/FridaBaby-The-Windi/dp/B005IGTTIA/ref=pd_sim_ba_4

maybe it's something you've already tried, or not what would help at all... but I figured I'd pass it along :)

erin sheely said...

It is killing me that I haven't met this sweet girl yet!! She is beautiful and I LOVE her dress.