Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Anniversary

TO ME!!!!

Eight years ago today I married my sweetheart in the Logan, UT temple and made the best decision ever.

Steve gave me a beautiful necklace, which was so, so sweet. And he also surprised me by having a sister in the ward (thanks, Sister Williamson!) come stay the night with the kids. I was a bit nervous to have her come, as she's a single mom with a grown son, so this would be a big shock! But she was willing, so away we went. We went out to eat, had our favorite ice cream, watched a movie and headed to a hotel. It was so nice to sleep a whole night with nobody waking me up! We had a continental breakfast in anticipation of a yummy lunch then drove another 2 hours down to the St. Louis Temple to do sealings, which is such an awesome thing to do, but especially close to a wedding anniversary. We got through just 5 before the incident outlined in the last post. And so Mom took over for Sister W, (who I guess was exhausted by Saturday afternoon- 5 kids under 7... yeah!). And that ended our wonderful anniversary weekend.

Although there were certainly dents in the road, it was wonderful to spend quality time with Steve without little ones vying for our attention. I am so grateful to be married to such a sweet, wonderful guy who takes care of me and our family and is just an awesome priesthood holder.

3 comments:

carm said...

Happy Anniversary Tiffany. It sounds like you had a GREAT Anniversary, which is cool. Heres to another 8 million years.

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a beautiful eternal family you have created. I'm glad the first part of your anniversary celebration was so great!

Shelly said...

What a fun and crazy ordeal. I had mastitis similar to that after the twins. I remember laying on the couch under 2 huge blankets not wanting to get up for anything. I can't imagine having to travel.

I love that he set up such a fun anniversary trip for you, go Steve!!