Saturday, January 9, 2010

Finally Some Pictures!

I have been wanting to do something with pictures, but I'm lazy and prefer to have Steve do the editing since he does such a better job. But he's busy and I want to share, so you'll have to make do with my photo editing this time around :) A few of these are from Christmas morning. Here are some of my favorite shots...

After a whole lot of messing up and frantically searching for sold-out fabric to fix my mess-up, I made these nightgowns for my girls as well as the two Tolman girls. I swore it wasn't worth all the time and effort, but the girls wear them all the time, so I'm starting to rethink that promise. Then Grandma was wonderful and made matching jammies for their dolls. How fun is that?
Steve got these noise canceling headphones for his woodworking, but we thought Ryan should try them on for size. Looks like it'll be awhile before he can help out in the workshop :) Oh- and the orange was one of his favorite Christmas presents.

This toy is quite popular and is used all the time in the house. Ryan thought he should get a turn and he loved it!

Another of Ryan's favorite toys. He loves to push things.

Now this is by far the favorite gift from Christmas. There are girls riding this horse practically nonstop. If you turn it on, it plays "Home on the Range", galloping sounds and neighing. It gets old after awhile and we have them turn it off, but the girls love it.

I know I said I'd post pictures of everyone in the snow, but only Ryan was here (the girls were corralled to make cookies at a friend's house) so I bundled him up for a photo op. You never know when we'll have such a beautiful snow again. Thanks to all the friends who passed down these wonderful snow clothes! He was really quite enjoying himself until the mittens started falling off. It was cold!





Ellie asked my mom to make a sweater for her doll. Well, Mom had the fabric all cut and ready to go and her machine broke. I told Ellie and she was crushed. She even started crying. It was really quite tragic. So that night I decided that since I had extra fabric I would make a cape to keep Lilly warm until Grandma could get her sewing machine fixed. Ellie was quite pleased. But here's a quiz for you. At the breakfast table we were having a discussion about the fact that Belle had a cape, too. Steve was sure it was blue, Ellie was insistent it was red. Steve finally looked it up. How well do you know your Disney movies? Who was right? The colorblind Dad or the fashion expert Ellie? That may or may not be a leading remark...

I have never actually documented this and thought I'd do it for memory's sake. Ryan doesn't get to bathe in the big tub with the girls. He gets the purple bin, which he actually loves.


And there you have it. Steve and I are leaving early Monday morning on vacation. My parents are being saints and taking all four kids for the week so we can go on a cruise alone. We haven't been on vacation alone since we were first married and went to Disney World with our good friends, the Tolmans. I can't even begin to say how extremely excited I am about this trip! Now I just need to get packed so we can go...

4 comments:

Julie said...

Good job-cute pictures! I love the purple container. Is it because they all take a bath at the same time and there isn't room for him? I didn't realize that you were going to be gone because you were going on a cruise. Have fun! We went on one 5 years ago and it was amazing!

Lindsey said...

Have fun on your trip. How great to be able to get away with just the two of you.

Whacky Wheelers said...

Beautiful pictures!! The kids are growing tooooo fast.

I'm sure you had to twist your parents arms to watch the kids! LOL!

erin sheely said...

These are so fun!!!! The nightgowns are so fabulous. They are for sure the sleeping favorite at my house. And I am so so so thrilled that you and Steve get to go on vacation! I can't wait to hear all about it. And I love your beautiful snow and your son in the purple bathtub.