Sunday, January 31, 2010

Beautiful Day

As we were leaving church today, Sarah told me that it was a beautiful day. I asked what she meant and with a sweep of her hand she pointed to the sky and said, "look- it's all blue. I'm tired of the all-white sky". And I had to agree! I never know what that little girl will come up with next.

I seem to be quoting Sarah a lot. The others say very clever things, too. I just forget to write them down while they're fresh in my memory. And I still need to do a post about our cruise. I'll get around to it soon...

And then of course the biggest news around here lately... the ultrasound on Monday.


If you're not savvy with ultrasound pictures...
Top left: two feet
Top right: profile
Bottom left: boy...
Bottom right: looking right at us- this one is the toughest to pick out probably.

Ellie has been teaching Katie how to spell her name lately. Since Ellie stays up about 1/2 hour later than the others she has started doing art projects at night. Last night she decided to surprise Katie with what I call her "trail of love." She drew pictures and wrote Katie's name on all of these papers- leading from their bedroom down to the living room. She was so excited about this and even woke her sisters this morning so they could all discover it together. I love when they do sweet things like that for each other.


Tonight they dressed up similar and were marching around the house. Funny the things they come up with. Those are Ryan's ties, by the way. And with Children's Place clearance I found those cute sweaters for next to nothing and Carter's had those footy jammies. Can I just say that I love to shop clearance!

7 comments:

The Olsen Clan said...

Congratulations on another boy! You are an amazing mom. Those girls are taking after you.

stephasauri said...

Hooray for another little brother! It didn't even hit me that you were announcing the gender when you told me yesterday that you get really big with boys.

Lindsey said...

Congrats on the boy. Now Ryan (and Steve!) won't be so outnumbered!

erin sheely said...

love the ultrasound pictures! and also the girls in their footie pjs and ties.

jmelgan said...

Very cute.

Scott and Sarah said...

Congrats!!!! So happy for you guys :)

Corinne said...

Erin just told me you were expecting the other day - I'm so thrilled for you - brothers have so much fun :)