Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Potty Training

Something very bazaar is happening around here. Katie has decided she wants to use the potty now. Steve has been fighting tooth and nail with Katie the last couple months to get her to use the toilet. Both have been getting more and more frustrated. I decided to let it go, since pushing never did any good with Ellie. So then we had some friends over the other night and I caught Katie with that grunting face. I warned Steve and he whisked her away to use the potty. She took care of business, got a treat and has been doing great ever since. I had her in a diaper yesterday and she only had one accident. She even got out of the bathtub to use the potty. Today was pull-ups and while there were a couple incidents, nothing big. She doesn't need reminding to go, and she likes her privacy until it's time to get cleaned up. I'm really a little shocked by all this. It seems too easy... ? The funniest thing is that she practically has lived in the bathroom the last two days to get her treats. That kid has had more sugar pumped into her little body than I'd like to even think about. I'm thinking I need to get a little more organized and do a chart to earn the treats. But yeah... I would absolutely love to have her out of diapers before Junior arrives!

2 comments:

Jaymie Quigley said...

That rocks! The same thing happened with Bryce. As soon as I gave up the fight, he decided to do it on his own. Love it!

Horn Family said...

That is so Awesome!!! We will be starting Alma soon. I am so not looking forward to that but excited for when it is all done : )