Friday, August 15, 2008

A quick one

Almost another month already? I've been putting this off and putting this off, thinking I'll have time to get pictures together and really tell how awesome our vacation with Mom, Dad and DickSybil was. But alas, I keep getting distracted with things like curtains for the girls' closet, Stephanie Meyer books, and the usual running around like crazy trying to keep this house clean and still have fun with the girls.

So a few little things, I suppose.

Steve has been really busy with work the last few weeks. Lots of micromanaging from the Brigade Colonel is making things a little tougher on him. Then he comes home and has to study for that rotten GRE. He is being extremely diligent, and he deserves to do very well on that test. He's just tired of all those tricky math questions. Then on top of that he has built me two book shelves, put up that last side of the fence and lets me sleep in when he can. Talk about super-hubby!

We were watching a friend's 3 kids this evening and they were eating dinner with us. Steve told those 3 kids to do something... I honestly can't remember now... and they sort of laughed at it. Ellie very seriously interjected and said- "alright, you'd better listen, because Dad's the boss." So funny... Steve is always saying that I'm the one the girls actually listen to (they have a tendency to come to me and ask me to have Steve do something for them. I'm constantly telling them to just go and ask their dad themselves!)

Katie is for some reason frightened of going to the bathroom in the toilet. But on the same token she wants to wear underwear more than anything. In fact, a couple times I have caught her wearing Ellie's underwear, hidden under her clothes, of course. I know she could do it- the one time I was unaware of this little item of clothing, she started to beg me to put a diaper on her. She had to go to the bathroom and didn't want to get the underwear all wet. So yeah, not sure what the fear is there. She'll sit on it forever, if you really wanted her to. Just won't "go". She is amazingly talented at saying prayers. She's sometimes more articulate than Ellie. Have I mentioned that before?

Sarah just cracks me up. Her facial expressions... are no less amusing than her sisters'. She doesn't actually say the words, but she always grunts her "please and thank you." If you ask a positive question, she'll say uh huh. She still gets ecstatic when Steve comes home and insists on standing outside when he leaves so she can wave good-bye. I just can't get over what a sweet little girl she is. She knows how to crawl around and bark like a dog, right along with her sisters. She can "play dead" and wait for that magical kiss from her sisters to wake her up (for a limited amount of time, of course). She can run now, which is so fun to watch. She yells at her sisters when they're getting too far away on their bikes, or if she wants to call them. It's always a yell and it sounds kind of like "Ah-yah". I think it's for both girls, but definitely for Ellie.

Random facts... Favorite foods:
Ellie- she told us it was turkey and cheese. She also loves strawberries and mac and cheese.
Katie- Definitely mac and cheese, although she likes pizza almost as much as I do.
Sarah- Food. There is very little (besides mashed potatoes) that the girl won't eat. But if I had to pick a favorite: grapes. She would eat grapes all day long if I let her.

And they all love colored marshmallows. It's been the latest after-nap snack. Sarah will eat hers then come up to me and say, "uh- mah". I ask her to say please and she gets that big, irresistible grin on her face and makes the sign for "more". Hey- works for me!

My goal for my next post is to brag about what a great time with had with family here. No promises, but it's a good goal. And I'll try to get pictures as well. Steve's using a new photo sorting software that I haven't played with, which makes it a little intimidating at the moment.

1 comment:

jmelgan said...

Sarah sure has a lot of hair for being so little. Cute picture!