Saturday, April 12, 2008

Where Are They Now?

First of all- Congrats to Brad and Brandalee on their marriage today! I am so excited to have a new sister-in-law and can't wait to get to know her! I heard their day has been perfect and I really wish I was there to join in the celebration.

But instead, here we are, still sitting in Illinois waiting for Steve. The good news is that he is in Kuwait and we expect him home sometime between Monday evening and Tuesday morning. We are obviously more than ready to have him home!!! Some other good news is that we were finally able to get a reservation for temporary housing on post, so we will only be in that one-room hotel room the first night. Hooray! Then it is fairly likely that we will get a house on post by mid-May. Again- very good news. Now I am feeling the stress of getting packed and ready to go. I'm trying to get as much done tonight so I don't have to be worrying about it on Sunday. Dick and Sybil have been wonderful and have really helped out by watching the girls while I ran errands and packed the van. While I have anticipated this for over a year, it is still hard to believe that Steve is actually coming home to stay. And hard to believe I'm going to make that 10-hour trip to Kansas on Monday by myself again! Just two more sleeps... :)

4 comments:

David and JaLayne said...

It is so fun to have access to your blog!! JaLayne

tom said...

I'm glad you got housing!

Whacky Wheelers said...

Thanks for inviting us to your blog! Don't forget you can keep up with the Whacky Wheelers at whackywheelers.blogspot.com! We are going to miss you and the girls so much. Thanks for letting us keep up with you guys through your blog! We'll give your Mom and Dad hugs to keep them going. I'll send Matthew over every once in awhile to keep them from missing the girls! ha!

erin sheely said...

oh i'm so glad about steve and for your housing!!!! that's fantastic.