Sunday, April 6, 2008

Home Stretch

So, like Steve said- we're getting really close to his homecoming. We are obviously very excited, yet a little nervous about the living arrangements. I have decided to take only what we will need in that little hotel room and we'll pick up the rest when we come through here in May.

It's been really busy around here. I finished up my last big sewing project and am pleased yet again with how it turned out. I'm ready to take a break from the sewing machine for awhile!

Sarah is a full-blown walker. She rarely crawls anymore. She has a kind of diagonal shuffle which is just really funny to watch. I will catch her on video soon to show just how darling she is.

Katie loves to sing and I got her on video singing her latest. She makes me laugh. She has most definitely hit those terrible 2's though. Ellie somehow put those off until age 3. But we're getting full-blown 2-year old around here lately. Mom's comment was that Katie stopped screaming right before Steve left (colic) and started screaming again right before he came home. And yet she's also the sweetest little girl and we just love her regardless of the craziness.



Ellie has a special going away party with her sunbeam class tomorrow, which she is super excited about. I think it's really sweet of her teacher to invite a bunch of 3-year olds into her home for pizza and a movie. I'm curious to see what movie Ellie decides to take tomorrow. Our favorite lately has been "Enchanted", which we watch just about every other day together.

So in the meantime I'm trying to pretend I'm packing and getting ready to go. Definitely a bittersweet move for us. We are going to miss Mom and Dad and the Smiths terribly.

1 comment:

erin sheely said...

okay first of all, i LOVE katie's singing!!! and i am glad you guys like enchanted! it is for sure our favorite around here right now. :)