Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Happy Anniversary


So, today is our 4th wedding anniversary... our second apart from each other. And I just got a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to my doorstep from Steve. Purple with daisies- Steve knows me well! It is sad that we're apart on this special day, but we decided our last date before he left would make up for Valentine's Day, our anniversary and the birthdays we'll miss. So no need to feel sorry for us :-)

I write this today to tell the world what a wonderful husband I have. Steve has been the greatest blessing in my life- by far. There are so many attributes I love about him and so many ways that he makes me want to be a better person. I wish everyone could be as happy and have as incredible a relationship as Steve and I share. And on top of being the best husband he is also the best father our little girls could have. Ellie tells me every day that "Daddy take forever come to Papa's house. My sad Daddy not here" (word for word...). And I have to agree with her every time. It is amazing to know that even with these long separations we have eternity to look forward to and these years apart will seem rather inconsequential.

It has been a busy four years, that's for sure. We have lived in Texas, Georgia and Kansas together. Then separated we have lived in Iraq, Utah and Illinois. The longest we have lived anywhere is 15 months, and that was our last post. We are already on our third baby (whew!) and are excited to welcome that third girl into our family.

More than the flowers or the dates, an anniversary is the perfect time to reflect on our relationship (I watched our wedding video with Ellie, which she loved) and give thanks that a little over 4 years ago Steve found me and we have been given the wonderful opportunity to learn and love and grow together forever. I consider myself to be the most blessed girl there ever was!

So... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! :-)

2 comments:

erin sheely said...

happy anniversary!! it stinks that you have to be apart but way to go steve for the flowers! he did good. :)

tom said...

Congratulations guys. Happy Anniversary!