Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Three Blind Mice

Mouse rice.  That's what the exterminator called it when he saw all the mouse droppings under my kitchen sink.  (He spoke very few English words.)  I had heard reports of mice in the neighborhood.  But we were new in the house and I kept things clean.  We would be fine.  Yeah... not so much.  Within 24 hours of the "sticky traps" being placed we had caught our first mouse.  I didn't think having mice bothered me all that much as long as I couldn't see them.  I was wrong.  As soon as I saw that mouse and 100% knew those little guys were running around my house I was not okay.  Kinda gave me the heebie-jeebies.  I had Steve place the trap outside so I didn't have to look at that poor mouse.  We accidentally left it out all night and by morning it was gone.  I had visions of some poor animal roaming the neighborhood with a very sticky trap on its face after going for the mouse.  I really hope not.  We caught another mouse the next day and called the mouse man to come remove him for us and place a couple more traps.  Two days later we caught mouse #3.  Ewww!

It has now been a full week and all I have caught on my sticky traps are millipedes and baby spiders.  I really hope it stays that way!!!

No comments: