Monday, February 24, 2014

More Korea

So, I guess the biggest news around here is that we have our RFO (request for orders) for Korea.  We need to be there by June 14th, but since they don't like to work weekends (apparently) we have to be there by the 12th.  Our plan is to stay here through graduation then be on our way West.  We'll spend time in Utah and Idaho visiting family, then we'll head overseas.  It's becoming quite overwhelming for me.  We'll probably try to send our household goods as soon as the end of April, so I'm feeling pressure to figure out what we want to take and what to place in storage.  I filled out passport info and everyone had their passport pictures taken (8 sets of paperwork took all afternoon!) 

A funny story about the passport photos...  We drove down to the building, and walked in with our umbrellas (pouring rain, of course).  We got inside and Ryan ran to the stairwell yelling, "is this Korea?"  Yeah- I think we need to discuss it a little better with him!  Then when it was time to take photos Ryan did a very straight-faced grin.  I encouraged him to maybe show a little teeth so it looked like a real smile.  After seeing his interpretation we went back to the smirk!  Ryan sure keeps us laughing. 

Tommy's latest thing is to walk around telling people, "I like you."  It's a wonderful thing to hear and I think a great quality to encourage- expressing affection to those around you.  

No comments: