Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do

So I don't attempt these sorts of things very often, but when it comes off without a hitch, it makes me feel pretty good.  I had a whole long list of stores that I needed to get to.  Things to return, things to buy.  I ordered them by importance and convenience and we tackled it head-on.  I chose to keep Anna awake until it was time to go, knowing she would sleep for part of the errands (a must in order to keep sanity!)  So the girls got on the bus, we packed up and headed out the door.

Here is what we accomplished:
- Dropped off package at the post office
- Went to cleaners and picked up/dropped off some of Steve's uniforms
- Shopped at Target and got some pretty impressive clearance finds!  The $0.11 Lightning McQueen ring pops for the boys were a huge hit!
- Stopped at BJs for a couple odds and ends
- Stopped at Home Depot to pick up an online order as well as find (and hand-cut with a saw) a dowel rod
- Stopped at Walmart to again get a few odds and ends... and of course donuts for two very well-behaved boys
- Last stop: Subway for a couple sandwiches
- Okay, really last stop: swung by Steve's work to drop off his dry cleaning and sandwich.

I have to say, I was so incredibly pleased with how well it went.  8 stops in almost 3 hours.  I was absolutely exhausted by the end of this, but I did it and there was very minimal crying involved from my typically hysterical Anna.  Ryan and Tommy were champs and I was beyond pleased with how well they did.  There are some days when I feel pretty competent living life with my six children :-)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Way to go! I understand your sense of accomplishment and I only have 3 kids to wrangle :)