Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Firsts

Ellie had a big day of "firsts" on Sunday. To start, she was able to pay tithing for the very first time. Steve let her help wash dishes a couple times and she was paid for her help. She was able to hand the bishop a tithing envelope for the very first time. She really liked that. Then during Sacrament meeting I was out in the hall with Sarah (as usual). I peeked in the chapel and saw Steve get up. He didn't come out to the hall, so I figured he had gotten up to bear his testimony. I heard silence, so I peeked in and saw Ellie up there in front of the microphone! I thought, "I wonder if Steve knows he's not allowed to prompt her?" But next thing I know Ellie said, "Testimony" and gave the sweetest little testimony. It put a lump in my throat, I was so proud of her. I didn't realize she knew what a testimony was, let alone know what to say if she went up there! It sure made me proud of her.

Sarah got her 6th tooth on Sunday as well. She's still not feeling well, so I don't know if there are more teeth coming or if she picked up a bug on Sunday.

We are excited to go on leave in just 4 more sleeps. :-D

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good job Ellie! Paying tithing is a big deal!

jmelgan said...

That is really wonderful to hear about Ellie. She sure is getting big and so smart.

Hope you guys have a very nice leave!

erin sheely said...

that is so awesome!! i am totally proud of her. what a big girl!