Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Not typical Easter weather, but it was snowing as we were heading out to church this morning. Then there was a gorgeous snowfall with huge flakes this afternoon with the sun peaking through. Katie had a great time outside while we waited for dinner to get finished. Unfortunately I was unable to get pictures of the girls in their dresses until after church, and that never goes over well (grumpy and hungry!). I suppose I'll have to dress them up again soon and try again. But they were just darling in their Easter dresses (if I do say so myself) and it makes me proud to be Mom to such wonderful little girls. I love Easter with all the pastel colors. They really make me happy :-) But really, this is a great season to remember the great sacrifice of our Savior and the the promise that we can be forgiven of all our sins and live forever with our families because of what He did for us. We're down to less than 3 weeks and we'll be together with Steve, which is another wonderful blessing!

Sarah has decided to walk, and is now taking probably 10 steps at a time now. She has amazing balance and can't wait to chase after those sisters of hers! She is growing up much too fast. She has decided to wean herself, so we don't get that snuggle time very often anymore. I'm just glad she loves to be swaddled and likes to lay her head on my shoulder as I rock her before I put her to bed. I love our snuggle time. Katie is the same way. We sing a few songs before nap time and bedtime and she always lays her head on my shoulder and sings along. It makes me want to hold her forever when she does that. She's definitely my snuggliest little girl and I love it! I love how Ellie likes to hear stories every night (although I'm running out of things to tell stories about) and just how inquisitive she is about life. We like our special time at night when everyone else is in bed. These little angels sure grow up too fast, though.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Easter! Did you make the girls' dresses?? They are DARLING! I'm glad it was fun!