Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Parades and Pokes

Can I just say how much I love parades? I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because we went to them growing up and then I was in them with marching band/color guard (flags). Maybe it's the candy? I'm not sure, but I just love it. We took the girls to the Labor Day Parade in town and they had a blast. We were at the start of the parade and since the girls were just so cute people were literally dumping candy at their feet. They thought it was great! At first Katie tried to pick up the candy with her blanket in tow. Not the easiest task. As long as she had a tootsie roll in her mouth and one in her hand, she was happy as a clam. So much fun!

I took Sarah for her 4-month appointment yesterday. She's growing quickly! She's already 14 pounds, 4 ounces and is 25 inches long. She hasn't reacted too well to the shots (Sally called them pokes) this time around. Got a little rash and a fever. She's being a trooper amidst the pain though.

I have undertaken the project of a lifetime (for me, anyway). I just bought a sewing/embroidery machine and I am sewing the girls' Halloween costumes this year. I've been buying all the supplies and cutting out patterns and am just about ready to get to the sewing part of it. I have no clue what in the world I'm doing! It's a good thing I have my mom here to help out. I won't reveal what I'm doing until I'm all done. Hopefully that'll be before Halloween :-) And I thought I'd find time to do this... when?

3 comments:

tom said...

Ah, the candy throwing at parades. Fun memories.

Have fun with Steve on R&R!

jmelgan said...

That is a lot of fun making Halloween costumes. My sister Heather and I had a tradition of making her son's costume every year. Have fun!

erin sheely said...

wow!! i have to say i'm fully impressed about the sewing. i can't wait to see what you're working on!